Skip to main content

Renata Carmen Health Update for YouCaring Fundraiser

Many thanks to all those that donated! This donation account is no longer active. Thanks to your support, my partner and I were able to pull together the needed funds to get the care I needed at the time, and relocate to a place where we could have some support from family and live in a climate that better suits my UV Sensitivity. 
However, the struggles of being a disabled mechanic/artist who does not currently receive SSI/SSDI are still very real. Please, if you find any value from this blog, please consider making a donation to the PayPal link at the top right of the page. I don't create these posts expecting anything but to help/entertain others, but when I'm flared up it's hard if not impossible for me to get my hustle on, so your support is still greatly appreciated. No amount is too small! 
I'm also working on adding Bitcoin here! :) 

Hello my beloved readers!

I do hope you all had Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year!

Typing is murder for me right now so this will be brief.

I've been dealing with a major flare up in my symptoms, which has resulted in increased cognitive dysfunction (my brain is like a leaky sieve right now, its terrible), and a new issue where the muscles and/or nerves in my shoulders and back are spasming/tightening up and it feels like I've been in knots for almost a couple weeks straight now. I haven't found anything that alleviates it for longer than a couple hours. I fear it may be "myofascial pain" and will be discussing it with my PCP when I see him next week. Apparently, its a common issue amongst those suffering from Lupus or Fibromyalgia.

In the meantime, I will be very limited in how much work I will be doing on the computer. I do have this talk-to-text software to play with (many thanks to my buddy Amir of The Wisest and The Stupidest Podcast for the awesome Christmas Present!!!), so I am hoping to get some work done on some eBooks that have been knocking about in my brain-fogged mind for some time. But I have a feeling I will be creating exclusively video blogs for a while. Which I guess isn't such a big deal as my video posts get more views than anything else...which I personally don't get because I read blogs to, well, read, and tend to avoid video blogs like the plague...but I guess I gotta catch up with the times, and creating videos is far easier than writing for me right now.

I do plan on finishing my Holistic Health Tips (That Actually Work!) Series, which we can all use after the gluttony of the holidays I'm sure. Even I slacked a bit on what I ate and drank, and am paying dearly for it now in this "flare-up". Argh. What I would give to be "normal" haha.

Okay my arm is starting to feel like its on fire. Time to tie this up.

I created a short video update for my Medical Fundraiser, if you would like further details about my current health situation.

Thank you all for your continued support, love, and interest in my work.
You help me to keep a positive attitude and always pushing myself forward, even if it hurts a bit.

*Love & Light*

Renata Carmen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patient Review - Medical Cannabis Product - Mary’s Medicinals Transdermal Patches!

*Note: I am an independent, third party patient, reviewing new products that come into the dispensary I have designated as my Primary Care Center. They highly value constructive feedback from a patient who has a genuine debilitating condition, as well as previous experience in the industry. I hope my unique and candid insights help the Medical Cannabis Industry continue to evolve in ways that always keep patient needs first.* Please, if you find any value from this blog, please consider making a donation to the PayPal link at the top right of the page. I don't create these posts expecting anything but to help/entertain others, but I am a disabled mechanic/artist who is not currently receiving SSI/SSDI and when I'm flared up it's hard if not impossible for me to get my hustle on. I'm also working on adding Bitcoin here! :)  Management of chronic pain can be a great challenge. Most effective pain relievers are dangerous or potentially addictive, and every body has uniqu...

Living with Chronic Illness - Making a Heaven out of Hell

First off, I would like to give my sincerest apologies for falling off the face of the planet for the last few months. What have I been up to, one might ask? Well, to be honest, I am ashamed to say I have been mostly doing this: Which I think anyone would do in similar circumstances, but you don't get a lot done, and you're likely to miss any opportunities that come your way (like a call from the Blue Man Group or about the part as Scared Inmate #2). For the last few years I have been battling debilitating chronic illness, and until about a month ago was eluded in reaching a diagnoses.  During that time, I have been told that I'm mentally ill, had doctors give up on me, had friends, family and acquaintances think its all in my head or I'm lazy, racked up medical debt, and had unnecessary invasive medical procedures. To put it lightly, I have been through the ringer, and despite the denial of everyone else, my physical condition has continued to decline. When I develope...

"Reset" - Flow orig. written for Raver's Digest (January 2003)

reset flow so good you'll want to read it slowly hand crafted for you by the one and the only renata hernandez a.k.a. number thirty-one (she braids werdz into poetry just for fun) its been such a long day, am i ready for a long nite? my mind's beginning to fray and body feels wound and tite but i think i can rebound for the night cuz 26c knows how to put the sound and vibe together right i round up the homies and we take flight for the Orion and to my delight there's no line at all, just the usual slight gathering of promoters standing near the door always handing out more and more flyers to passerbyers by the score we pass through security and enter: the first floor where house pours through speakers, bass cabinets and onto the floor leaving behind a muck that's crusty and unsure a constant reminder of raves from before i scrape it off my shoes as i walk upstairs to check out the funky trance that blares into people's faces it erases any traces of d...