Skip to main content

"Krylon Dreams"


March 2009

wrote this while watching a boring safety video in welding class.....

i dream
in krylon painted scenes
color coded schemes
bursting at the seams
with True Blues and Hunter Greens
Pewter Grey freight trains
become streams
of various hues, glints and gleams
brick walls
are a canvas
for paint can tag teams
exploding with energy, laughs and screams
hopes, nightmares, fears and dreams
in memory of
loved ones lost
to bars or beams
formed into boxes
lined with velvet and gold sheen
political statements
otherwise unseen
become exposed to the public eye
unrestricted, pristine
what a Bright Idea
try to stop this graff thing
might as well
tell
the Bahama Seas
to stop crashing against Castle Rocks
and the Blue Ocean Breeze
to cease its whispers
of Tuscan Sunsets
and Coral Isle reefs
most have forgot
we are part of nature
like Ivy Leaf or Sun Yellow
so get over it
you stuck up Oxford Blue Fellow
unleash the fox and hounds
go chase them in your Equestrian brown
leave us to our work
we won't let you down
and when you see a sick piece
thrown up around town
remember
be thankful for these artists
don't hate and frown
you don't have the spine
or guided hand
to add sweet perfection
to this otherwise empty land

(LA stylee son cuz that's how we do!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patient Review - Medical Cannabis Product - Mary’s Medicinals Transdermal Patches!

*Note: I am an independent, third party patient, reviewing new products that come into the dispensary I have designated as my Primary Care Center. They highly value constructive feedback from a patient who has a genuine debilitating condition, as well as previous experience in the industry. I hope my unique and candid insights help the Medical Cannabis Industry continue to evolve in ways that always keep patient needs first.* Please, if you find any value from this blog, please consider making a donation to the PayPal link at the top right of the page. I don't create these posts expecting anything but to help/entertain others, but I am a disabled mechanic/artist who is not currently receiving SSI/SSDI and when I'm flared up it's hard if not impossible for me to get my hustle on. I'm also working on adding Bitcoin here! :)  Management of chronic pain can be a great challenge. Most effective pain relievers are dangerous or potentially addictive, and every body has uniqu...

"Reset" - Flow orig. written for Raver's Digest (January 2003)

reset flow so good you'll want to read it slowly hand crafted for you by the one and the only renata hernandez a.k.a. number thirty-one (she braids werdz into poetry just for fun) its been such a long day, am i ready for a long nite? my mind's beginning to fray and body feels wound and tite but i think i can rebound for the night cuz 26c knows how to put the sound and vibe together right i round up the homies and we take flight for the Orion and to my delight there's no line at all, just the usual slight gathering of promoters standing near the door always handing out more and more flyers to passerbyers by the score we pass through security and enter: the first floor where house pours through speakers, bass cabinets and onto the floor leaving behind a muck that's crusty and unsure a constant reminder of raves from before i scrape it off my shoes as i walk upstairs to check out the funky trance that blares into people's faces it erases any traces of d...

Living with Chronic Illness - Making a Heaven out of Hell

First off, I would like to give my sincerest apologies for falling off the face of the planet for the last few months. What have I been up to, one might ask? Well, to be honest, I am ashamed to say I have been mostly doing this: Which I think anyone would do in similar circumstances, but you don't get a lot done, and you're likely to miss any opportunities that come your way (like a call from the Blue Man Group or about the part as Scared Inmate #2). For the last few years I have been battling debilitating chronic illness, and until about a month ago was eluded in reaching a diagnoses.  During that time, I have been told that I'm mentally ill, had doctors give up on me, had friends, family and acquaintances think its all in my head or I'm lazy, racked up medical debt, and had unnecessary invasive medical procedures. To put it lightly, I have been through the ringer, and despite the denial of everyone else, my physical condition has continued to decline. When I develope...